Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Morning

  • Alarm goes off at 6:30.  Sage gets up just after.  Can hear her wheel Jasper’s bassinet down to the table so that he can be next to her while she does crafts.   Jasper is babbling away.
  • 7am Geoff gets up.  Me too.  Geoff gets ready, gets his lunch and leaves.
  • I nurse Jasper.  Play on the couch with him and Sage.  I pretend to be Jasper talking.  Sage thinks it’s hilarious.IMG_2025 IMG_2034
  • Sage goes up to her room to play and Jasper goes on the floor.  I tidy the kitchen up.IMG_2044
  • Jasper not happy so goes into swing.
  • Sage comes back down.  Kettle goes on.  I think about what to do to keep Sage occupied today.  Hope that the weather warms up.
  • Jasper happy to sit in his swing and watch Sage play with his toys.
  • Sage “Could you please hold him?” Me “no” Sage “Why? I can’t take care of him” Me “he’s in his swing, you don’t need to”
  • Coffee is ready.
  • Jasper wants breakfast.  Oatmeal and a jar of pears today.
  • I tell Sage to get our her playdough and pick out the pieces we could use at cookie cutters.  Gets very excited.
  • Go change Jasper’s diaper.  How does so much poop come out of such a tiny little body?
  • Put him back in highchair to watch Sage play.
  • I go upstairs.  Finally get to drink coffee.  Look out window.  Hostas have come up like crazy already.
  • Go put Jasper down for his morning nap.
  • Clean stove.
  • Love, love, love the vintage Le Creuset pot I just got that used to belong to my grandmother.IMG_2069
  • Make the rounds of the house picking up stuff.  How on earth did my bra get there?
  • Another load of laundry goes in.  Sigh.
  • 9:30 Am hungry.  Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.
  • Sage goes upstairs to play her Kidoz games on the computer.
  • I look around at the sea of plastic toys that has overtaken our living room.  Forgot how much one tiny baby uses.  Would sell my soul for a playroom. IMG_2103
  • Upstairs to print off sugar cookie recipe.  Sage comes out to look at my scrapbooking stuff.IMG_2059
  • Wash the pots from last night’s dinner.IMG_2074
  • Sage comes down dressed as a ballerina.IMG_2072
  • We start making the cookies.  Butter is too hard.  Set aside.IMG_2079
  • Let Sage wash all the cookie cutter pieces.IMG_2081
  • Jasper is up.  Nurse.  Go get him dressed.  Sage and Jasper play on my bed.  I fold laundry.
  • Sage goes outside to play.  Misbehaves.  Get’s sent to her room and I tell her we will not finish the cookies today.
  • I finish making the dough and put it into the fridge for tomorrow.
  • Jasper and I come upstairs.  Me on computer.  Him in Intellitainer. IMG_2085
  • Sage keeps opening her door.  Am very frustrated with her now.
  • At noon I let her come out.  Gets spoken to.  Same conversation we’ve had 100 times in the last couple months.
  • She plays with Jasper for a few minutes.  Requests peanut butter and jam for lunch.IMG_2090
  • We all go downstairs and she starts to feed Jasper while I make her sandwich.IMG_2098
  • I go to get her a glass of milk and knock the glass over.  Goes all the way down front of fridge.  Take all the magnets off and throw them in the sink to wash.
  • I finish feeding the baby. Change him and put him down for a nap.
  • Sage’s sandwich smelled good so I make myself one too.
  • Tell Sage that she can pick out a movie and take the portable dvd player to her room.  Not a good day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment