Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pinterest is Like Crack for Moms

My husband no longer makes fun of my obsession with Pinterest.  Why?  Because it has saved him hundreds of dollars in just the last few weeks.

We have an entire new (to us) house to decorate.  And the majority of furniture we have left from our old place just doesn't work in this one.  Oh darn.  But frankly, I'm not even concerned about furniture yet.  I'm more worried about the fact that we now live in the middle of the city with neighbours that can see directly in our windows.  So curtains were a necessity..and fast!

I made the decision early on in this process that I'm not settling for what's on sale, or what is a great deal unless I absolutely love it.  I will happily live with nothing until we can find items in our budget that we both love.  Geoff is still not so sure about this concept but I'm winning him over.



This picture above is the look I'm going for in our living room and dining rooms.  Similar colours and patterns but mixed up a bit between rooms.



Love the colour of these curtains from Z Gallerie.  I wasn't entirely sure about the pattern but at $60 a panel they were a great price.



This one made my heart skip a beat.  I needed them.  I almost bought them.  But they were $140 a panel.  That's $280 in curtains just for one room.  I realize that in the world of curtains this is really not a bad price.  But I knew I could do better than that.


So I made my first ever purchase on Fabric.com and for the grand total of $108 I got 19 yards of fabric.  That's enough to do curtains for both the living and dining rooms and 5 other yards for other craft projects!

Only thing standing in my way is the fact that I haven't used a sewing machine since 8th grade.  Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment