Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Around Here

Around here..our renovations have been progressing!  The main floor is so close to being done.  


The excitement I feel at having spaces that finally look (at least a little bit) pretty is ridiculous.  I'm still thrilled with how the houndstooth chair I recovered turned out and is holding up.  The pillow is another story...a bit of a sewing disaster but you can't tell unless you pick it up.  ha ha.  The fabric is Amy Butler Lark Floral Couture Charcoal and is the same fabric that is the accent in our master bedroom.  I would love to find a rug for this space but since it's currently serving as our main entry and sees lots of traffic I've been struggling.  I'm thinking an outdoor one is going to be the way to go.


I adore this print from Vol. 25.  It's the perfect addition to our entry way and really the perfect saying for our family.

The living room is another place that is almost done.  I'm planning on making new curtains out of this fabric and we are still on the hunt for a better side table and coffee table / tables.  I am in love with these ones from West Elm.  


The rug from Overstock and frankly it looks far better in the picture than it does in real life.  When the budget allows, we'll buy a new one for here and this one will work just as well in either our family room under our red couch or in our master bedroom.



Above is the shelf Geoff built from a picture I had seen on Pinterest (of course!)  I love the rustic wood element it adds to the room as well as being the perfect place to add in pops of colour and house part of my globe collection!

And in the background you can catch a glimpse of my still unfinished pantry / mudroom.  Otherwise known as the disaster zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment