Friday, November 19, 2010

Lazy Girl’s Dinner

This is Geoff’s busy season at work so the kids and I have been eating a lot of dinners without him.  Since he works so late that he usually ends up grabbing something on his own there is no way I am making fancy dinners.

So last night I made a super quick and easy pasta salad.  Not something I would ever try to feed my husband for dinner…lunch sure.  And of course, 5 minutes before we’re about to eat he calls and says he’s on his way home!  Sorry honey…simple meals once in a while are good for you. Smile

Pesto Pasta Tuna Salad

1 lb penne
1 jar President’s Choice basil pesto (any brand will do, this is just my fav)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cans tuna packed in water, drained
1 bunch green onions, green and white parts, chopped
box of grape tomatoes, halved
Cook pasta til al dente, drain and run under cold water to cool.  Mix together pesto and lemon juice.  Add tuna and break up.  Add all other ingredients and mix.  Then add pasta.

And to my great shock…Geoff liked it!  And no, I didn’t give the baby tuna…he had his pasta just with pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment